Sunday, January 21, 2007

dive right in

So, a week blows by, and, well, with it, all sense of my daily routine. I'm still sorting it out, and making sense of the fact that, up until one week ago, I was freezing my butt off in the middle of the rockies, and am now freezing my butt off while walking down Broadway.

I should be capping up this week with impressions and a review of sorts. But, damn it all if I am still trying to catch up with life itself. I promise, soon, something will come. But, right now, between the apartment hunting, the pondering of such existential questions as, am I ready to commit to some real furniture and how important is a good mattress, and the day to day tasks of figuring out where to eat, I seem a bit remiss with time. That, and the small fact that work has kept me busier than I expected, given the first week nature of it all. Seems almost like I've been there for a month, not a week. And I've got piles waiting for me first thing monday morning.

I promise, reflections will come. If only to note that AutoCAD is really like riding a bike - you never forget.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who has long wanted to just pick up and move to a brand new city - New York being at or near the top of the list - I look forward to hearing more about how you are dealing with the transition, and what it is like being an intern in the Big Apple.

I hope you are right about AutoCAD, too, since I have to get back on that bike soon myself.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home