Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Failure

I've been dragging my feet. Procrastinating. Blaming everything and anything for why I still haven't gotten around to it. But, really, the reason is simple. I haven't tried to complete my AREs because, well, I failed the first one I took.

I'm embarrassed. I've never failed anything. I prided myself on that; in the end, I'd pull it out because I'd put in the time, the effort, to make it happen. Not this time. This time, I opened a letter and, as dramatic as it sounds, my world as I knew it disappeared.

I feel like a fraud. A phoney. I excelled at school, and yet, when I needed it most, I couldn't find success. Instead I've let a year and a half go by, ignoring the biggest elephant in the room. I know that, if I ever want to call myself an "Architect", I have to make it past this final obstacle. But, right now, I'm ready to throw in the towel.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I "Failed" the A.R.E. exam four times...

Each failure was a learning experience. We all learn from our failures. They build character and make us stronger. The key is to not give up and to keep moving forward.

Stay focused on your goals and you will achieve them. Stay focused on your failures and you will achieve them.

I have been an Architect now for over 18 years.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Patty said...

Stiff upper lip. You are in the majority. Everyone I know has failed at least one of these tests. Why? Life. We all have work, families, etc that we have to deal with in addition to the testing. It is not easy, but you just have to jump back in and keep going. It is the only way you will be successful. I know you know that.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Sara said...

I agree, the only way to grow is always looking forward. Thanks for this post.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home